Spirit - System Maintenance
The AFRL DSRC SGI ICE X (SPIRIT) system will be taken down to perform Preventive Maintenance.
Between 0800 and 1700 hours EDT Thursday, 25 April, 2013, the entire SPIRIT system will be unavailable.
We recommend you review the following Important User Notes and take any necessary action to minimize impact to your project schedules.
Important User Notes:
- Thursday - 18 April, 2013: Beginning at 0800 hours EDT, queues on SPIRIT started draining. No new jobs will start on SPIRIT that will not finish by the time of the outage.
- Thursday - 25 April, 2013: Beginning at 1700 hours EDT, SPIRIT is back in production. New jobs may be submitted.
- Advance Reservation Service (ARS) - Unavailable: Reservations cannot be made for this period between 0800 and 1700 hours EDT Thursday, 25 April, 2013.
- Users' files will be given 1 extra day of file lifetime.
- The AFRL DSRC STRONGLY suggests that users move data from workspace to the MSAS PRIOR to this preventive maintenance period. Data on workspace is volatile and is not automatically backed up.
- The Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) and UAS servers will remain available.
If you have any questions, please call the Consolidated Customer Assistance Center (CCAC) at 877-CCAC-039 (877 222-2039).
Return to System News