Spirit - System Maintenance
The AFRL DSRC SGI ICE X (Spirit) system will be taken down to perform an Operating System Upgrade.
Between 0800 hours EDT Monday, 22 July, 2013 and 2000 hours EDT Wednesday, 24 July, 2013, the entire Spirit system will be unavailable. The Spirit Operating System (OS) will be upgraded from RHEL 6.3 to 6.4 at this time.
We recommend you review the following important user notes and take any necessary action to minimize impact to your project schedules.
Important User Notes:
- Monday, 8 July, 2013: Beginning at 0800 hours EDT, queues on Spirit start draining. No new jobs will start on Spirit that will not finish by the time of the outage.
- Wednesday, 24 July, 2013: Beginning at 2000 hours EDT, Spirit is back in production. New jobs may be submitted.
- Advance Reservation Service (ARS) - Unavailable: Reservations cannot be made for this period between 0800 hours EDT Monday, 22 July, 2013 and 2000 hours EDT Wednesday, 24 July, 2013.
- Users' files will be given 3 extra day(s) of file lifetime.
- The AFRL DSRC STRONGLY suggests that users move data from workspace to the Mass Storage Archival System (MSAS) PRIOR to this preventive maintenance period. Data on workspace is volatile and is not automatically backed up.
- The Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) and User Authentication Service (UAS) servers will remain available.
If you have any questions, please call the Consolidated Customer Assistance Center (CCAC) at 877-CCAC-039 (877 222-2039).