Spirit - System Maintenance
The AFRL DSRC SGI ICE X (Spirit) system Operating System Upgrade " DOWNTIME HAS BEEN EXTENDED.
Between 0800 hours EDT Monday, 22 July, 2013 and 0800 hours EDT Saturday, 27 July, 2013, the entire Spirit system will be unavailable. (This is an extension of the original return-to-service date of 2000 hours EDT Wednesday, 24 July, 2013).
Maintenance being performed now includes: the Spirit Operating System (OS) will be upgraded from RHEL 6.3 to 6.4, RedHat Enterprise Linux will be upgraded from 6.3 to 6.4, Lustre will be upgraded from 2.1.2 to 2.1.5, PBSPro will be upgraded from 12.0 to 12.1, and a file system check will also be performed.
We recommend you review the following important user notes and take any necessary action to minimize impact to your project schedules.
Important User Notes:
- -Monday, 8 July, 2013: Beginning at 0800 hours EDT, queues on Spirit start draining. No new jobs will start on Spirit that will not finish by the time of the outage.
- -Saturday, 27 July, 2013: Beginning at 0800 hours EDT, Spirit is back in production. New jobs may be submitted.
- -Advance Reservation Service (ARS) - Unavailable: Reservations cannot be made for this period between 0800 hours EDT Monday, 22 July, 2013 and 0800 hours EDT Saturday, 27 July, 2013.
- -Users' files will be given 5 extra day(s) of file lifetime.
- -The AFRL DSRC STRONGLY suggests that users move data from workspace to the Mass Storage Archival System (MSAS) PRIOR to this preventive maintenance period. Data on workspace is volatile and is not automatically backed up.
- -The Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) and User Authentication Service (UAS) servers will remain available.
If you have any questions, please call the Consolidated Customer Assistance Center (CCAC) at 877-CCAC-039 (877 222-2039).