Spirit - System Maintenance
AFRL DSRC Facility Preventive Maintenance affecting Spirit, February 15-21, 2014
The AFRL DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC) will undergo a Facility Preventive Maintenance. The maintenance period will be 0800 hours EST Saturday, 15 February 2014 through 2200 hours EST Friday, 21 February 2014. This maintenance period is based upon weather-related conditions, and is subject to cancellation. If a cancellation occurs, you will be notified in advance.
During this time, Spirit will be unavailable.
We recommend you review the following Important User Notes and take any necessary action to minimize impact to your project schedules.
IMPORTANT USER NOTES:
- Friday, 31 January, 2014: Beginning at 0800 hours EST, queues on Spirit start draining. No new jobs will start on Spirit that will not finish by the time of the outage.
- Advance Reservation Service (ARS) - Unavailable: Spirit reservations cannot be made during this maintenance period.
- Users' files will be given 9 extra days of file lifetime.
- The AFRL DSRC STRONGLY suggests that users move data from workspace to the Mass Storage Archival System (MSAS) PRIOR to this preventive maintenance period. Data on workspace is volatile and is not automatically backed up.
- If you have any questions, please call the Consolidated Customer Assistance Center (CCAC) at 877-CCAC-039 (877 222-2039).