Welcome to the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC). We are a high performance computing (HPC) facility committed to providing the resources necessary for Department of Defense (DoD) scientists and engineers to complete their research, development, testing and evaluation projects.
Since our inception in 1996 as part of the DoD High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP), we have supported the warfighter by combining powerful computational resources, secure interconnects, and application software with renowned services, expertise and experience.
What We Do
We deliver premier and innovative services to our user community:
Hardware - By providing access to a variety of supercomputing system architectures, our users stay up-to-date with technology improvements while saving critical budget dollars. With the addition of new supercomputers every 24 months, technology insertion investments keep pace with current trends and user requirements.
Software - We offer hundreds of commercial and open-source packages including pre- and post-analysis tools. Our software is professionally administered and continuously monitored to reflect changing demands and technology advancements.
Support - Our experienced staff includes experts in hardware, software, networking, mass storage and security, as well as Ph.D.s with expertise in a variety of computational technology areas.
- High Performance Computing Enables Rapid Medical Treatments for the Warfighter
- Quantum Chemistry Aids the Design of Bio-Inspired Drugs and Materials
- SPIRIT Demystifies the Physics of a Powerful Explosion
- Bio-Inspired Simulations Study Flight Dynamics for MAVs
- Molecular Dynamics Simulate the Molten State of Super Alloys for Tomorrow's Aircraft
- Innovative Solvers Address UAV Airframe/Propulsion Integration
- Flow Solver Predicts Condensation During Supersonic Wind Tunnel Tests
- Research Accelerates the Design of Scramjets
- HPC Reveals the Phenomena of Flight on a Small Scale
- Designing Ionic Liquids for a Greener Space Frontier
- A-10 Aircraft Flies into the Future
|Apr 15-17||Predator||0800 EDT||1700 EDT||Software Maintenance|
|Apr 28-May 01||Lightning||0800 EDT||0800 EDT||System Maintenance|